Sunday, September 21, 2008

Stunned Bird

This afternoon I was in our living room when I heard this loud bang on the patio doors. When I went out to investigate, there was a poor stunned bird on the deck that wasn't moving. Not quite sure what to do, I asked Chris to put on some gloves and gently put the bird onto an old dutpan and put it on the railing. My thinking was that when it was no longer stunned, it would fly away quickly and I wanted to keep it from getting trapped on our deck-or flying into the doors again.

So, after placing the bird on the railing-and I swear that the bird was looking right at me-I noticed that I was in an unique position to get some very close bird photos. So I grabbed Chris' point-and-shoot and this is what I shot.

Sorry to all you non-bird people.

Oh! After about 45 minutes, the bird did come out of it's daze and flew away. So I didn't have to bury another bird who was confused by our doors.




3 comments:

Jenn said...

I don't think I've ever seen that kind of birdie before!
I like them all but especially like the perspective of the third shot!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Wow - beautiful photos.

Jenn M said...

Great shots!! I really love the first one!! :)