Wednesday, August 6, 2008

How We Spent BC Day.

Last Monday was a holiday, BC Day. There was a lot of things going on in town that we had thought about doing. There was a huge free concert on the grounds of the Legislature that was our original plan. Unfortunately the day before, Chris spent the entire day outside painting-without sunscreen! So we needed to find something a bit more shady to do.

So I came up with the idea of going to Gowlland Tod Provincial Park. Tall trees=a lot of shade and it beats staying home all day. The park used to be the Victoria Portland Cement Factory (1904-1920) and there are a lot of ruins from the factory in the park (more great photos of these are coming).

But I am a klutz. Just as we were nearing where we were stopping for lunch, I could hear the Snowbirds getting near us. So we started to look up to try to find them. They flew right over our heads and in my quest to get some photos (they were still quite low because the airport wasn't that far from us and they would have been great photos), I lost track of where I was on the trail and, well basically, fell off the side of the trail and down an embankement. Oops.

Luckily I saved the camera (again), and only have a bit of road rash on my right leg and rolled my ankle a bit. I am glad that my ankle didn't start to really hurt until later that night so I was able to get back to the car with no problems.

So on to the photos.

Looking up the trees.

The sun poking out through the bottom of the trees.

Our scenic view from lunch.

Chris and I taking our photo together after eating lunch.

The wood poles that, at one time, were part of a pier.

Even Chris is starting to get in the action with his Olympus Stylus 850SW.

3 comments:

Alycia Hildebrand said...

It looks gorgeous! Great shots!!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

ooooh - I love your pier photos!

Jenn said...

I already commented on some of these on facebook but just wanted to say again that I really like these!